Sunday 20 May 2018

Little Miss Dreadlock

Anna-Christina from Lilygun with Shelly d'Inferno - Inside Music Video shoot

Are you ready for The Making of Inside Part Two?


Filmed at Unit 2 Studios in London, the Inside music video was so much fun to make. I didn't have a specific plan as to what I was going to do on the day, although I did choreograph a few moves in the mirror as I was listening to the song. However, I didn't want to look rehearsed. I wanted to feel free and be spontaneous and natural, as that is how I perform on stage at gigs. I also wasn't sure about how to look!

Whilst the guys were working on the set, I was having my hair and makeup done by the brilliant Shelly d'Inferno. I decided to ditch my plaits and go for something new...

Dreadlocks!

Anna-Christina from Lilygun - Inside Music Video shoot

This was the first time I have ever had dreads and I absolutely LOVE them! So much so, that now I continue to incorporate them all the time! If I was a Mr Men character, I'd be called Little Miss Dreadlock lol!

Shelly did an amazing job with my hair and makeup and the image she created greatly added to the video. With such a strong image and the lighting created, I felt I didn't have to do much! All the elements came together right there, in that moment. Filming was easy. I ran the song through a couple of times from the beginning to the end slightly changing my moves for each take, one costume change later, a bit of "weird dancer girl" for the middle section and the video was done!

So without further ado, here's The Making of Inside Part Two I promised you...


Now on to the next one...

~ACx

No comments:

Post a Comment