Monday 18 January 2016

THE MAKING OF LILYGUN'S SECOND ALBUM

Two songs on the new Lilygun album feature piano. Piano is the first instrument I learned to play and one that I love. I began playing the piano at boarding school to hide from the horrible girls in my class. I'm a self-taught pianist but I spent so much time alone in a tiny music cell at my school, that I became quite an accomplished pianist!

One of my first classical piano compositions met with the approval of Richard Blackford (the british tv, film, opera and Emmy Award nominated composer) and was chosen for a music competition to represent my school. I have never played in public again. 

As some of you already know, I am also a classical composer. Many of my classical pieces feature the piano so it's an instrument that's natural for me to play. I recorded acoustic guitar on a couple of songs too so we'll be posting photos of that recording session for you soon.

I can't wait for you to hear these songs! ~ACx

No comments:

Post a Comment